It’s 4th of July and we are invited to a Soirée at a friend’s 20th floor condo in Downtown Mpls (his abode is the perfect location to watch the fireworks later on). 🙂 For this gathering, we decided to bring Chicken Lettuce Wraps to share. I hope they will like it. 🙂
Ingredients: (serves about 8-10)
2 lbs. of chicken breast (either ground or cut it really small) – I did the latter
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 large onion (diced to almost minced)
1/4 cup shiitake mushroom
1 cup water chestnuts (diced)
1 cup organic carrots (diced)
6 stalks of scallions (chopped finely)
1/4 cups raw cashews (chopped) *optional – I just added this for more texture
1 stalk of cilantro (chopped)
1 to 2 head of iceberg lettuce
(For stir-frying – mix them altogether beforehand)
1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil
1/8 cup sweet rice wine
Crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
1 TBSP brown sugar
1. Saute garlic and onions until the latter is semi-translucent.
2. Add the chicken, cashew and the stir-fry sauce prepared earlier on. Bring to a quick boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, water chestnuts and the mushroom and the simmer for 1 min.
4. Add the scallions and cilantro and then remove from heat. Let it cool down for a bit as the heat will make the lettuce wilt easily. 😀
5. Spoon chicken mixture into individual lettuce leaves.
6. Enjoy! 🙂
I decided to omit using a dipping sauce since my husband said it doesn’t need it. 😀