I don’t usually eat ice cream that much but since I run a lot, I know that I need the fats (to prevent wrinkles) and the calcium — plus I know how to consume in moderation anyways. It is my treat and reward, too, which I think is important in ones diet (*justifying*). 🙂
My first attempt to make (melon) ice cream was a “pretty” disaster hence it didn’t make the blog at all. My husband, who usually loves most ice cream, didn’t even care for it… yes, it’s that bad… :p
So to redeem myself, I gathered two of his favorite ingredients — vanilla and nutella — and decided to give ice-cream making another try. 🙂 It was so great, I cannot even believe that I made it. 😀
The recipe and “how tos” are pretty simple so please try it. All you need is an ice cream maker which are getting cheaper and cheaper nowadays. 🙂
2 large organic eggs
1/2 cup organic raw (brown) sugar
1 1/2 cup organic whole milk
1 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla (I used madagascar vanilla)
2 TBSP Nutella (let me know if Organic Nutella exists) 😀 – put this in a piping bag or ziploc bag (I did the latter)
1. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (About 1-2 mins)
2. Whisk in the sugar a little at a time until completely blended (About 4-6 minutes)
3. Pour in the cream, milk and vanilla. Stir until blended. Avoid over stirring because it causes bubbles.
4. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions. (I used KitchenAid Ice Cream attachment)
5. About two minutes before it is done, squeeze the Nutella into the mixture.
6. Once done, transfer into an airtight containing for freezing (in your freezer) for 2 to 3 hours if you like firm ice cream otherwise ENJOY this unbelievably fabulous treat!
Muy deliciouso! 😀